I hope you enjoyed the recipes from last week! Be sure to look back if you missed them. Here’s Hollie sharing another awesome recipe with us!
Today I am going to share my family’s favorite granola recipe. When I make this granola is rarely lasts more than 24 hours! It took me a few years to find granola my family actually liked, but I was so thankful when I finally succeeded. We don’t do breakfast cereal around here, so this is a great stand in for that. We also love to eat it mixed in with Greek yogurt. Here’s the simple recipe:
- 6 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. flax meal
- 3 T. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/3 c. honey
- 5 T. butter
- 3 T. coconut oil oil
- 3 T. vanilla maple syrup
- 4 T. water
**Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Using a large pan or bowl, mix dry ingredients until combined. (Oats, sugars, flax meal & flour, and salt)
- Over medium heat,melt the honey, butter, oil, syrup, and water to a simmer & pour over the oat mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon moistening most of the oats.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stir. (Picture 3 is what mine looks like after the first 30 minutes)
- Bake for another 30 minutes and stir again.
- Bake for a final 30 minutes and then cool. I leave mine in the oven after turning it off to cool.
**Modified from original recipe found here.
I hope you and your family love this as much as we do!
Hollie is a Christian wife, mother, and aspiring blogger. She strives to apply biblical theology to the everyday challenges of motherhood. Aside from her duties in the home, she dabbles in natural health/living and homesteading. She resides with her husband and four children in the Piedmont region of Virginia and blogs at Dermer Days.